Friday, March 25, 2016

EDO 2016: EASTER MESSAGE BY ARC. ILENRE AUSTIN EMUAN, APC GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANT.


Arc.Emuan
On this special occasion of Easter 2016, I wish to rejoice and celebrate with the good people of Edo State on the victory of our Lord Jesus Christ over death. This period of Easter brings one promising moment for sober reflection and a candid re-appraisal of our roles in shaping the history of our people and that of the world. It is especially a time to deeply assess our contributions in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and how it has positively impacted our world with a view to changing the destinies of fellowmen and re-order society for more positive values by placing it on a prosperous and progressive path. 

Jesus Christ walked the earth in flesh and blood about two thousand years ago. His works as recorded in the holy bible were basically captured in his self acclamation of the prophecy about himself:

“The spirit of the Lord is upon me,
Because He has anointed me
To preach the gospel to the poor,
He has sent me to heal the broken hearted.
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord”;

Jesus Christ came to a world afflicted by the same social upheavals and the problems we as a people are facing today.

He brought the message of redemption and offered himself as the atoning bridge between God and man.

He preached peace and was critical of the hypocrisy glittering among Jewish institutions and authorities. He made the poor his friends, brought comfort to the heart-broken, set to freedom those held by the bounds of societal social injustice. Gave sight to the blind and illuminated the hearts of those that were held in the darkness of false teachings. He judged righteously for every oppressed of society and gave the people new lease of hope through the re-birth of society.

Nowadays, people are attempting to depart from the paths of peace and lay in our paths the choice of war and insecurity. I make bold to condemn these steps that have left us in a crucible of avoidable rancor. Let's learn to impact the amazing mind of Christ which guarantees enduring peace. If you select the paths of love, with it we can achieve some extraordinary results; save the people from despair, from hopelessness, from fear, from insecurity and a life of trouble.

Together, we can turn our unhappy society, into a happy one and eradicate abnormal eventualities that can best deliver a great majority of our people from hateful bondage and give robust social and economic health to our society. We can do it; yes we can, if we remove the ever present suspicions existing among us.

It is against the grain of this reality that I make bold to exercise the power of love to speak and offend a syndrome which is not honest in the pursuit of a faith to give the people not only what they want but what they critically deserve; the lifting and placing them beyond the cruel economic and social circumstances which they don't deserve to belong, because they deserve more better lives.

Speaking on the background of Christ's philosophy, fellow Edolites, I use this opportunity to promise you a new lease of life, a new hope, a refreshing and a life quite invigorated.

Looking at our solemn realities as a dear state and people today, I recall how I had conscientiously made myself acquainted with political and economic circumstances of other countries, with a firm determination to impact such models on my people one day. The time is now!

I am determined, imbued with an insight and very courageous to lead you with the fear of God. I am never known to be ambitious to power but have over the years worked hard to impute in myself a sense of patriotism that has not only made me a successful businessman and a season architect with much verifiable successful projects within the global sphere but popular enough to take our people to the expected levels of civilized governance. I am conscious of our present situation, conscious of our wealth. I am conscious of the opportunity that has offered itself and together we can seize on it to impress our visions to the chagrin of other states, developed nations and people.

Against the present spate of hostilities, I have a remarkable reputation, which if you as a people can believe in, I will bring myself into a work I find very crucial and its overall engagement very important to prosper a tolerable state full of neighborliness and a strong sense of brotherhood. Just as I love my dear state, Edo.

The decision which is to nominate and vote for me that I now call upon you to make can easily affect the welfare of our state and the anticipated even development. I come to it imploring unity and peace, love and brotherhood. It is essential that for Christ's work to be totally balanced in our midst, I view it as our duty to come together and usher into this state a leadership that will eliminate any cause of worry that may interfere negatively with the usefulness of all of us bound in a productive drive to grow and progress our dear Edo State, the heartbeat of the nation.

It is evident that I am the man. I have so much assurance and self confidence that we can be so quick to attain what we should be if we have decided to cast our lot with our very agenda and prosper our society through love and peace. The people can afford to decide on a change in their politics which will vitally affect the future prosperity of the land; and we can make the moment historic, by turning the spiritual instrument of this Easter into strong prayers for a change of our tomorrow.

I believe we will do it now, thinking of the coming change of which I am prepared to offer myself for greater services. Nominate me, Arc. Ilenre Austin Emuan as the All Progressive Congress Flag bearer in the forthcoming Edo state governorship election and vote en mass for me comes September 10th to become the next Governor, your vote will be a vote for freedom and development in our dear state. It is not by how many godfathers that back me but how many of my people will be happy and proud to have me as the next Governor, that I believe is our concern at this critical time of our history.

I come to you today preaching love, unshakable faith and hope in the new things to come. But we need a unity of purpose to make this come true. Am conscious of the desires of my people.

My people! come, let's unite as one and together we can succeed and ensure of a better future for our State, our youths and our children. Spread the message of love and not hate. To me as always, “Edo is One”

shalom! 

Arc. Ilenre Austin Emuan (MNIA)
Edo State All Progressive Congress Governorship Aspirant, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment